So anyways as far as today goes I was supposed to go to fort collins but my laziness lately has made me want to do nothing but stay in my pjs all day and do absolutely nothing. Like the house is a mess, especially the laundry that is backed up and the dishes, which I can't even remember the last time I did them. I probably stink too because I haven't showered since Thursday. Yuck right?
So since tomorrow is Monday and I have a bad habit of being lazy and putting things off I'm going to set some goals each day. This is part of my new years resolution to follow them. AND this means seriously follow them no matter how fucking tired I am because its my own fault if I don't get enough sleep and I can always take a nap later in the day if I need to. So OK.
I'm going to challenge myself starting tomorrow and give myself things to do. The challenge time will be a minimum of the spring semester. So starting
The prize = knowing that I can set goals and not quit. I'm such a sucker for quitting anything I start. Ask anyone I know and they will tell you I suck at following thru with anything. I am so proving myself wrong. I want to show myself that I can do this. I KNOW I CAN. I need to show Wesley that I'm not a lazy mom who sits on the couch and watches tv, and eats garbage, drops out of classes because they are too hard, or because I was too lazy to attend. This is not who I am. If I was to die tomorrow I would not be happy with my life. NO WAY. SOO I need to change this. And here I am posting this for the world to see saying help me!! Help me accomplish these goals. I cannot do this alone. I need to get off my butt and ask for help. Please help me along the way.
I tried to make a list of all the things I wanted to accomplish now, this year, etc, but there were too many and always at the end of the day I would think of something else to write down. So that is why I'm not going to list what I want to accomplish for the year, but each night set goals for the next day because its fresh in my mind.
Now the challenge isn't just making easy things that any normal person would do; its making goals that get me out of my comfort zone. Each day I need to do something that requires me to get out of the house.
So I ask everyone to give me suggestions for something new for me to do everyday! Something that doesn't necessarily require me to spend a ton of money, because were are pretty broke, but I want to try something new everyday. Ok maybe not everyday, but atleast 6 days out of the week. Some days I'll have my entire weeks goals written out, some days it will only be 1 or 2 days worth. So giving me your input for something I should do everyday gives me a challenge so leave a comment with your ideas!!
Alright here I go.
1/25/10 - Day 1 - 340 days to go
*I apologize in advance for the vulgar language but this is me, and this is what I would say to myself*
- Get out of bed no later than 8am! That means sleep as soon as I'm done blogging and set the cell phone alarm, and not on vibrate, but turn the volume up!
- Get Wesley, change his diaper and nurse him. You have been doing this for 10 months now and its not a big deal anymore.
- Let him play for awhile and get your ass in the shower! You stink and you need to clean yourself, and it will wake your ass up!! Get some clothes on and blow the hair dry. Don't even worry about makeup right now. Who do you have to impress; Wesley? Ha.
- Brush your teeth, floss and use mouthwash. You are lazy and put it off just as much as your husband does, and you don't want to have false teeth when your 35 right? Good, then do it.
- Don't turn on the TV. You do that enough already. Now turn on the stereo and get those dishes done! You've let Kyle do them way too much and I'm sure he would appreciate you doing it for once. Come on, the man works all night and still sacrifices his sleep for you. Just be a good wife and do some shit around the house.
- Give Wesley his breakfast. And actually make him breakfast! Oatmeal and a half piece of toast, and some baby food fruit. Yep get that baby food gone because otherwise its going to pile up like everything else in the house. Clean him up and get him in bed for a nap. You know the routine, even though for the last couple weeks you haven't been putting him down for a nap until after lunch, so now his whole schedule is messed up. Good going Mom!
- Now Kyle should be home now, which means getting in the car and going to the bookstore and getting your English book. Its the 3rd week of classes. You should have bought it after your first class. Geez woman, what a procrastinator you are!!
- So now you need to get home and finish the chores. If the dishes aren't done, then finish them. You don't want your father and grandmother to see this pig sty do you? I didn't think so.
- Clean the bathroom toilets and sinks. And put all of the crap on the bathroom counter away. No one wants to see all that junk. Finish picking up the living room and vacuum the floor. Wesley puts enough crap as it is in his mouth, so its time to fix that. And while your doing all of these things get the laundry going. Wash, dry, fold and PUT AWAY. No excuse for piles of clean clothes. And lastly, get the porch organized for now so you can walk through it. It doesn't matter what order you do these things in, just do it before your guests arrive. Which means not fiddle farting around!!
- But don't forget to nurse Wesley, get him dressed and diaper change before the guests arrive.
- Enjoy the couple hour break with your family and eat some lunch.
- The day isn't over when they leave. You still have lots of things to do! Homework time. Yes I know its dreadful but everyone has to do it and no more putting things off until last minute. Spend 2 hours working on it. Yes Jenilee, you the 1st draft your your rhertorical analysis due on Thursday so get moving, which means reading the story in your book, and annotating!!
- Don't forget to nurse Wesley at 5p.
- Don't you feel good for getting some things done?? But this is just a typical day. Nothing special today but yes you can do something new.
- Because you still have to make dinner. Yes actually cooking. Not fast food, nope. Real HEALTHY food. So find a new recipe. Something with the ingredients you have, and if there is something you need then go get it. Don't make Kyle get it, he needs to sleep. Make sure you have a vegetable, protein, and a carb. And no overeating! Keep track of your food intake. (I will have a seperate post for my meals.)
- Now it seems as if you've deprived your child of love and attention today, so spend some quality time with him after dinner without the TV on! Read a few stories, and find a new learning activity and lastly give him a bath because he too needs to be clean.
- Nurse one last time, and then brush his teeth. Nite nite little man.
- So Wesley is in bed no later than 830p. No more of this 9-930p crap. Hes not even 1 year old. He needs a good nights sleep and needs to get back on his schedule.
- If you miss your show, so what. It will be on again because we all know that tv shows to come on again!
- Now get your blog on. Set new goals for the next 2 days and log your meals. Get it done early because you need to be in bed no later than 11p. None of this 3am shit. Wow I can't even believe its been an hour already. Well looks like I need to take a nap tomorrow and squeeze that in sometime.
- Don't you love this? I've listed the goals below that I want to accomplish today. Not everything below was included in this little chit chat with myself.
Wake up by 8am
Brush teeth both morning and night, mine and Wesleys
Clean kitchen, living room, porch, and bathrooms
- Laundry - wash, dry, folding and putting away
- Make a healthy dinner - something new.
Log my meals and snacks Take a photo of something I like and post it(will post the photo tomorrow)
Read to Wesley - 20 min of storytime(only 10 min he sat still for)
- Find a new activity to do with Wesley - 40 min of playtime
- Give Wesley a bath
Take a shower
Get English book from bookstore Spend 2 hrs doing English homework(only 1 hr)
- Do 30 minutes of exercise (walk, workout dvd, DDR)
- Submit 2 job applications
Blog new goals for next 2 days(only 1 days worth of goals)
Get to bed by 11p(in bed by 1130p)
So I will be back tonight and let you all know how I did. I'm completely exhausted. I do not know how I am still awake.
Goodnight and sweet dreams.