Friday, April 9, 2010

Our date to a show

Last night was an official date night for Kyle and I! Since we got married May 30th 2009 we have been on only a couple dates.

1) Baseball game to see the cardinals play in denver,
2) A movie a few weeks ago to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D

and that is it!!

So I knew it was time to go on a date. I got tickets for what I originally thought was a poetry reading by shel silverstein. Well I was wrong because after finding out shel siverstein died in 1999, I did a bit of research and found that this was in fact a theatre production entitled "An adult evening with Shel Silverstein." See how I might have gotten that confused? We got all dressed up (and no I didn't get a picture I'm sorry), and went to the show. It was great!! Just our style of adult humor. We didn't really eat beforehand and ordered some appetizers and a couple drinks to tide us over. This little venue has tables and a server which I thought was great!!

I drank an oreo cookie martini. I'm not a big drinker but it sounded delicious, but it was a bit too strong for my taste. If it didn't have the vodka it would have been so much better. I should have opted out of that option! Oh well.

It didn't get over until after 10:15pm. The show itself was about an hour total so we spent more time waiting before the show, and then intermission than the actual show itself. But it was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again!!
Here is the website if you are interested! Albanycountytheatre

After the show we were going to have dessert but just went to the bar for a couple drinks instead. I don't really like the bar but the bartender was really nice and gave us free shots! I tried this new shot called carrot cake. It had butter shots, baileys and hot damn and it was really good! So I can remember for next time!

And the we went home and I ate some dinner and went to bed.




No comments: