Wesley also took his first steps a couple days ago!! I'm so proud of him and how much he has accomplished these last few months. Hes 11 months old today, and its crazy to think this time last year I was pregnant ready to have him anyday and of course he was a week late.
- He knows what a duck is. When its bathtime I also ask him where his duck is and he looks around and picks it up and then I quack for him. He loves it!!
- Some of his other favorite animal sounds are cows, horses, dogs and kitty cats. He may not be able to say them but he sure knows what they are!
- Bathtime is still a favorite. The other day he was in there for an hour!! Easy way to make time pass before bed.
- Eating with a spoon is getting so much better. We practice all the time and when I let him do it by himself he knows what to do. He is so proud of himself when I cheer that he did such a good job.
- He is getting picky with certain foods though. Some days its impossible to get him to eat any veggies or meats. Fruits are gobbled down instantly. Favorites are peaches, applesauce, mango, apples, banana, egg salad sandwich and of course cake!
- I still feed him baby cereal but have started to put whole milk in it so try to get him used to the taste slowly. He doesn't care for it at all otherwise. Its hard to transition a baby who is exclusively breastfed with no pumping and I would really love to ween him off the lunch and mid afternoon feedings. Any suggestions on how to do that without pumping?
- He has a total of 8 teeth. 4 on top, 4 on bottom.
- His orange stuffed dr seuss animal is his favorite to cuddle with in bed.
- Dancing is a daily activity. He loves dancing to everything!
- He shakes his his no at everything. Sometimes it looks funny because he shakes no and nods yes at the same time.
- The choo choo train is his favorite toy. He loves to take the balls out and put them back in and find other objects to stick in there and hope they will come out but wont. Of course he gets mad when they get stuck lol
- We have photos of us on the end table and he points to daddy and says his name. Same with mommy. Its so cute, but now I need to get on the ball and get more photos of grandma and grandpa so he can see them even when they aren't here.
- Big time mommas boy. Wants to cuddle with me more than anything.
- Naptimes are now in the afternoon. After his schedule getting messed up over the holidays he now takes a couple hr nap right after lunch. I like it a bit better this way anyhow.
- I wish I knew what Wesley said because he loves to talk up a storm about everything. Especially when talking to himself in the mirror.
- Not really any new words, but says yep to us a lot.
- He understands the sign for milk but doesn't sign it really at all. Understands no very well. And still doesn't like to wave bye bye or clap. He does this hand wiping motion thing instead. Very cute.
Happy 11months little man. 1 month left till the big day. Can't wait!!