Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kickin' Wyoming Turkey Chili

I made this amazing chili tonight. I got the idea originally from here, but I wanted to add my own twist to things. First of all we LOVE chili so I always make extra for later.

Kickin' Wyoming Turkey Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1lb ground turkey
  • 8oz of tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
  • 12oz can beer
  • 1 14.5 oz can water 
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 14.5oz can black beans
  • 14.5oz can light kidney beans
  • 28oz can diced tomatoes
  • half an onion chopped
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic 
  • 1 green bell pepper chopped
  • 4 stalks celery chopped
  • 2 fresh jalapenos chopped
  • 1 tsp EVOO 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp pepper
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp cayenne
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground mustard
  • bunch of shakes of hot sauce (i used the stuff I gave out as my wedding favors)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar

Directions:
  1.  In a large pan brown ground turkey. Season with a little pepper and chili powder.
  2. Add onion, garlic, celery, jalapenos, and bell pepper. Cook until soft or atleast almost soft.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well mixed.
  4. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30-45min. Leave lid cracked a bit. 

Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese. Yum.
Serves 8 or more.

When I use spices I really don't like to measure. I add what I think is good but you can put as much or as little in as you want. I add the sugar because it helps with the tomato tartness. I love spicy but its not so much that I can't taste the greatness. I also only used the jalapeno seeds from 1 pepper not both.

**also the beer makes the chili extra tasty!!**

If you make this recipe, please let me know how you like it and any improvements that you made!
Any other awesome chili recipes?





No comments: